Search our FrontPage Support Area
FrontPage Support Area Site Map
How to change your local web server name
- Uninstall Server Extensions (\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\FrontPage Server
- Find out where you computer name is currently being stored by checking all possible
three locations listed at FrontPage Local Host Name Locations.
- Change each location from the old name to the new name (note: the old name may be
present in one, two, or three places).
- Open and edit C\Windows\fpexplor.ini and C\Windows\frontpg.ini to change
ALL references to old computer name to the new computer name.
- Install the Server Extensions for server (\Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage\FrontPage
NOTE: Step #4 was provided by Richard
Melville;who went through a lot of time testing to make sure that it takes all of the
above steps (including #4) to make it work right and without problems (thank you Richard).