Search our FrontPage Support Area
FrontPage Support Area Site Map
The following are answers to common questions in the Microsoft FrontPage
FrontPage Web Directory Structure
FrontPage Program Directory Structure
FrontPage, by default, is installed in the \Program Files\Microsoft FrontPage folder.
The following subfolders are common to FrontPage 97 and 98
- \bin - FrontPage executable and support .dll files.
- \botcache - Client side .dlls and implementation files for custom FrontPage components.
- \clipart - Clip art files (98 has clip1 and clip2).
- \pages - Page templates,
- \temp - temporary files created by FrontPage.
- \webs - Contains web templates and web-based wizards.
The following are new folders for FrontPage 98:
- \fpclass - Master copies of the Java classes used in Active Page Elements.
- \frames - Frameset templates
- \themes - Master copies of theme graphics and cascading style sheets.
- \tutorial - Files used in completing the 98 tutorial.
- \version3.0 - Holds the server extensions , server support files, and administration
files. The subfolders under this subfolder depending on what has been installed.
The following folders do not exist in FrontPage 98:
- \pages\framewiz.wiz - No longer needed in 98 since the Frame Wizard has been replaced by
a WYSIWYG frame editor.
- \data - Files used in the 97 tutorial have been moved to \tutorial.