Search our FrontPage Support Area
FrontPage Support Area Site Map
The following are answers to common questions in the Microsoft FrontPage
Making Index Server work with FrontPage Search
The FP search bot was setting the catalog directory (where everything is
indexed) to my default catalog directory, which did not contain the discussion group
directory that I wanted to search.
Here's what I had to do to maintain two catalogs (This explanation assumes some
knowledge of Index Server. The web directory is the root directory for the web to be
- Create a Catalog.wci directory in the web directory.
- Copy the srchadm directory in scripts to some other name and create a virtual directory
for it. Modify all of the catalog references in the files to point to the web directory.
- Copy the samples\srchadm directory to the web directory and modify the admin directory
references to point to the new scripts subdirectory.
- Add an entry in ...\CurrentControlSet\Control\contentindex\IsapiVirtualServerCatalog for
this web and web directory
- Add (replace) the following lines in the idq file in the _vti_bin directory:
CiCatalog=[the web directory] CiScope=[the relative directory to search within the web]
- Make sure you restart the server.