Search our FrontPage Support Area
FrontPage Support Area Site Map
FrontPage Save Results Component shows on page
The FrontPage save results component requires that the FrontPage extensions are
installed. The form-to-email portion requires that the web server have SMTP (simple
mail transport protocol) set up correctly (this is not done automatic, and is separate
from the extension installation).
- Connect to the Internet
- Start FrontPage Explorer
- Click on More Webs (or do File, Open FrontPage Web, More Webs if you don't get the
"Getting Started" Dialog box).
- Enter your domain name or IP address, and click on list webs.
- Select the web that has the problem with showing FrontPage Save Results Component
and click on ok.
- Enter your user id and password.
- Open the page in FrontPage Editor.
- Remove the text, FrontPage Save Results Component, while in normal view.
- Right click within the form, and select Form Properties
- Verify that A) the email address is valid (if used) and B) that the path and file name
for the file you are saving (if any) is valid.
- Click on Ok all of the way out.
- Save the page, and exit from FrontPage Editor.
- In FrontPage Explorer, click on tools, recalculate hyperlinks.
- Exit out of your browser.
- Go back in your browser, and empty your browser cache.
- Go to the page in question.
- If the text, FrontPage Save Results Component, still shows, then contact the
technical support department of your hosting company/service. Chances are very high
they do not have the SMTP settings set up correctly.